Fees & such …
Our initial chat, whether on the phone or in person, is always free of charge. It would be lovely to meet you in any case!
I know your ceremony – whatever its nature – is a very important event in your life, one you cannot go back and change. So, I believe it is essential you chose a celebrant you trust, with whom you have rapport and who “gets” you so you can relax and enjoy the process; I suggest you take your time to find a celebrant you really gel with and who shares your values. All my lovely colleagues in the Humanists´ UK Celebrants’ Network are, like me, trained and accredited and all bring their own style, personality and qualities so you can chose the one who suits you best.
Speaking of which, I know planning a wedding is an expensive business so I am more than happy to chat to you about paying in instalments.
In any case, your booking is secured once you have paid a 25% retainer and signed our agreement. The balance of the fees are due in full one week before the ceremony. No VAT is payable.
Very simply, my current fees are £700 for weddings and £395 for vow renewals. Fees for other ceremonies on request.
Please contact me to discuss fees for 2024 ceremonies for which bookings are now open.
NB I am happy to chat about fees for “destination” weddings further afield on an individual pricing basis.
Included in fees are :
- The initial 50 miles travel from my West Norfolk base to the ceremony venue. Mileage charged at 45 pence per mile thereafter
- All our planning meetings; taking time to get to the heart of you and what you really want. This applies whether meetings take place over a coffee at the venue or virtually with you in your kitchen with a glass of wine in hand! All my time is included and that includes any travel time and also travel expenses attending planning meetings.
- Suggesting ideas for content including some that may be new to you such as certain symbolic gestures
- Any additional equipment that might be needed including ribbons for hand-fasting, ring bowls, candles or a quaich
- Coming up with ideas for readings such as suitable poems or helping you create your own
- Researching music and songs for you to consider
- Planning and working with you, listening to you, making sure that I include everything which is important to you – be it a favourite colour, a favourite football team, having guests conga up the aisle or perhaps a way of remembering your Grandfather
- Drafting an initial ceremony script for you to look at and get those creative juices going!
- Editing and re-drafting the script until you are completely happy – every word written for you and about you
- Supporting you in writing your vows if needed, offering ideas and thoughts as well as assisting with practising these and ideas on handling any nerves
- Making sure you have an agreed final working copy of the ceremony in good time so that you can see the “flow” of the event and can relax. It is also a useful working document to share in advance of your ceremony with other partners such as your photographer, wedding planner and venue. That way they can see the running order to help them plan and make sure your day runs just swimmingly
- Conducting your ceremony on the day, at your venue of choice (wellies, scuba diving equipment or killer heels at the ready, as appropriate!) and making sure I am on the spot in good time so you can relax
- Providing my total support, involvement and commitment on your ceremony date. I promise absolutely I will have no other bookings, calls, appointments or distractions on that day. My time is yours, and yours alone.
- Arranging for one of my Humanist UK qualified, competent and experienced colleagues to be on stand-by to deliver the ceremony in the unlikely event an emergency meant I was unable to attend. You can rest assured that, whatever happens, a professional, calm (and smiley!) celebrant will deliver your ceremony and you will always be in good hands.
- Producing an exquisite and very special presentation keepsake copy of your ceremony for you to treasure, bring back memories and share with others.
If you´d like to know more please get in touch